Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Pyrenees!!!!!

I'm in Rieumes!!

Yesterday, for the first time after 65 days, I saw the Pyrenees!!!! I was shouting and jumping and crying and laughing for hours!!! I'm getting closer!!!

Just the short version of what I have done since last time I wrote: I quitted the official St. James' Way in France, the GR 65, and turned right to the South direction Toulouse. It was very very impressive to see another big town after such a long time. Incredibly big. Now I'm on the GR 86 (http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichier:Carte_GR86.gif), walking directly to the heart of the Pyrenees. There I will join at some point the GR 10 and continue between huge mountains and fairytale-like landscapes to the atlantic coast... And then the last straight line to Santiago will start!!!

Since I left the official way, I have had an uncredibly luck. Uncredibly. I have met great, great persons in the Way. One day, when I have more time, I will write a post mentioning and thanking them all.

One thing I learnt: There are still good people in the world!! Seriously!! Quite some!!

Gracias a la Vida. Gracias, mundoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! See you soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

But of course there are still good people in this world! And there will always be!!!

*

You know, I feared a bit that it might become more difficult for you if you leave the official camino with all its albergues for the pilgrims, but it seems that your decision was just right!!!!
(If you leave out the garage nights!!! :-) )

Seems like it is becoming more and more YOUR OWN way!!!!

I like that thought!

Caminante, no hay camino,
se hace camino al andar!

Cheers,

Sabine

pilgerchloisu said...

Yeah! To see the Pyrenees for the first time is a great moment! And to come closer and closer every day is great too!
You will make your own way without the «tansbagagistes».
Because you walked so many kilometers you think you are «the right» pilgrim. But that is only the phase of arrogance of the «better». You will reach the «right» pilgrims phase, when you are able to accept all these childish «tourists» too ;-).
Many of them are at the beginning of their own phase to become a pilgrim after this «tourist» stadium.
I am sure you will reach the phase of serenity and placidity which is the «adornment» of a St-James pilgrim. At least at St-Jean Pied-de-Port when you meet the «mass» again.
Bon chemin sur le GR10
Le Petit père des pèlerins
à Heitenried (Suisse)

lopillas said...

jelous pilgrim! (que coraje me da que se borren los mensajes)
Te decía que te leo antes de salir pitando a ver el mar de Tajinastes que nos inunda estos días y tener al día a nini de tu paseo. Te mandaré fotos.
Y pensaba viendo el gif del camino sinuoso que me impresiona al saber que lo caminas día a día: si tanta bastante buena gente así, no línea directa a Santiago en mente. Pisar. Qaminar.
Te quiero moni. Mucas risas (incluso solo) y mucha Paz.

atlante said...

Oye, ¡cuanta gente sabia y amiga que tienes cerca!... :)
Pues me imagino la risotada al ver por primera vez los Pirineos... sí... llena de tantas cosas, pensamientos, sentimientos, sensaciones... todo junto...
Una risa que espero sea interminable, y que ya estará para siempre grabada en tus neuronas... ¡qué bueno!!!...
:D